Homelessness in Ireland
The Simon Communities of Ireland provide support and services to over 11,000 people experiencing homelessness and housing insecurity. As everyone is aware by now, we are in the middle of a housing and homelessness crisis. According to Jan 2018 figures Over 9,000 men, women and children remain trapped in emergency accommodation and many thousands more are experiencing housing insecurity
With your support the Simon Community can continue to provide essential services to people who are experiencing homelessness, or at risk of homelessness.
About the Simon Communities of Ireland
The Simon Communities in Ireland are a network of eight regionally based independent Simon Communities based in Cork, Dublin, Dundalk, Galway, the Midlands, the Mid West, the North West and the South East that share common values and ethos in tackling all forms of homelessness throughout Ireland, supported by a National Office. The Simon Communities have been providing services in Ireland for over 45 years.The Simon Communities deliver support and service to over 11,000 people and families throughout Ireland who experience – or are at risk of – homelessness every year.
Whatever the issue, for as long as we are needed, Simon’s door is always open. For more information please log on to www.simon.ie
Our services range from
- Housing provision, tenancy sustainment & settlement services, housing advice & information services helping people to make the move out of homelessness & working with households at risk.
- Specialist health & treatment services addressing some of the issues which may have contributed to homeless occurring or may be a consequence.
- Emergency accommodation & support providing people with a place of welcome, warmth & safety.
- Soup runs & rough sleeper teams who are often the first point of contact for people sleeping rough.
The Simon Communities of Ireland
- Cork Simon Community (Cork, Kerry)
- Dublin Simon Community (Dublin, Kildare,Meath and Wicklow)
- Dundalk Simon Community (Louth, Cavan, and Monaghan)
- Galway Simon Community (Galway, Mayo, and Roscommon)
- Midlands Simon Community (Longford, Westmeath, Laois, and Offaly)
- Mid West Simon Community (Limerick, Clare, and Tipperary)
- North West Simon Community (Donegal, Sligo, and Leitrim)
- South East Simon Community (Waterford, Wexford, Carlow, and Kilkenny)