Homelessness in Ireland
Tragically, the number of people in need of our support has drastically increased as the homeless crisis has spiraled. The latest figures available demonstrate that during one week in December 2019, there were 9,371 people living in emergency accommodation, including 4,094 adults without dependents in their care. There were also 1,548 families composed of 2,215 adults and 3,422 children.
With your support the Simon Community can continue to provide essential services to people who are homeless, or at risk of homelessness.
About the Simon Communities of Ireland
The Simon Communities in Ireland are a network of eight regionally based independent Simon Communities based in Cork, Dublin, Dundalk, Galway, the Midlands, the Mid West, the North West and the South East that share common values and ethos in tackling all forms of homelessness throughout Ireland, supported by a National Office. The Simon Communities have been providing services in Ireland for over 50 years, and continue to be a shining light of hope for people in their darkest hour of need.
Whatever the issue, for as long as we are needed, Simon’s door is always open. For more information please log on to www.simon.ie
Our services range from
- Housing provision, tenancy sustainment & settlement services, housing advice & information services helping people to make the move out of homelessness & working with households at risk.
- Specialist health & treatment services addressing some of the issues which may have contributed to homeless occurring or may be a consequence.
- Emergency accommodation & support providing people with a place of welcome, warmth & safety.
- Soup runs & rough sleeper teams who are often the first point of contact for people sleeping rough.
The Simon Communities of Ireland
- Cork Simon Community (Cork, Kerry)
- Dublin Simon Community (Dublin, Kildare, Meath and Wicklow)
- Dundalk Simon Community (Cavan, Louth and Monaghan)
- Galway Simon Community (Galway, Mayo and Roscommon)
- Midlands Simon Community (Laois, Longford, Offaly and Westmeath)
- Mid West Simon Community (Clare, Limerick and North Tipperary)
- North West Simon Community (Donegal, Sligo, and Leitrim)
- South East Simon Community (Carlow, Kilkenny, South Tipperary Waterford and Wexford)